5 days after a man who unintentionally injured himself on a nail sadly died from sepsis.
Dad-of-two Ben Yelland started falling ill two days after he filched himself on the iron nail in May.
The 38-year-old was hurried to hospital near his house in Watford but deceased three days after. Ben’s shocked family said in a declaration: “Ben was a soft and gentle man, he was a much loved partner and best friend to Alison, daddy to Amie, nine, and Freya, six, a much loved son and brother who will be so missed by all his family and friends.”
Sepsis is a unusual contamination – without swift action it can lead to numerous organ failure and demise. Experts have cautioned of the hazards of the infection, which has been labelled a ‘silent killer’