Management’s Response to Recent News:
1. We would like to state that we feel highly victimized and targeted. Being the smallest entertainment entity in the vicinity and operating on the concept of a highly niche but minority group of patrons who are interested in Bollywood entertainment and dance, it comes as a great surprise to be accused that Rupee St James is a place of assignment where immoral activities are communicated as such communication can occur anywhere including common areas.
2. The management does not condone such actions and does not provide vice services originating from the club. Should an individual employee have been discovered to have engaged in illicit activity after working hours, it is beyond our knowledge and any action the individual has committed has been at their sole discretion without our consent or knowledge.
3. The investigation is currently ongoing and not concluded. However whilst investigations are still ongoing the matter remains only an allegation. The club is intent on resuming its operations in the nearest future upon approval.
4. The club does not run on the alleged business model of providing vice services to clients. If indeed this was the case, we would not be hiring qualified performing artists who are highly qualified and experienced in traditional Bollywood Dance.
5. All performing artists and management of the club were holding valid working permits and passes. There were no illegal employees engaged by the club.