OVERNIGHT CHARGING OF E SCOOTER RESULTED IN YISHUN FLAT GOING IN FLAMES!

0

Image source: Lianhe Wanbao

Do you have a E-scooter at home? Recently a E-scooter caught fire at a HDB unit at Yishun resulted a fire that block 23-year-old Mr Ridwan exit to escaped. He charged his E scooter fora mere 6 hours before it exploded

The fire occurred on the 10th floor of a Yishun Flat and Mr Ridwan suffered burn injuries. 45% of his body burned.

He was later saved by his neighbour from the Window Ledge. Mr Tan dashed in and saved the burning victim from the fire and the victims brother said that he is going to treat his whole family makan.

According to SCDF fires from mobility devices such as E-scooter amount to 33 incidents from this year alone.

Please charge your E-scooter in a safe place preferably with nothing that is flammable such as beds and sofas or old stacks of newspaper. Avoid charging it near your main door(convenience not worth it) as it might block of your potential escape in an event of a fire.

 

Share.

Comments are closed.