FIRE AT TAMPINES CAUSED BY PERSONAL MOBILITY SCOOTER

0
Advertisements

213455352A fire occurred earlier today at Tampines new town on the 10th floor of Block 240, located at street 21. SCDF has reported that the fire started because of mobility device was left charging in the home.

The Police were also on the scene to control the crowd at the situation.

Report from SCDF

[Fire @ 240 Tampines St 21]

At about 5.15pm, SCDF responded to a fire at a 10th floor unit of block 240, Tampines St 21.

The fire involved a Personal Mobility Device (PMD) that was left charging in the living room and was extinguished by SCDF using a compressed air foam backpack. A water jet was later used for damping down*.

Preliminary investigation indicates the fire was of electrical origin, originating from the battery pack of the PMD.

An elderly woman who was in a neighbouring unit was conveyed to Singapore General Hospital for smoke inhalation. There were no other reported injuries.

SCDF would like to remind the public on the prevention of PMD fires with the following fire safety tips.

*Damping down is a term used by SCDF to describe the application of water to wet burnt surfaces immediately after the fire is put out. This is to prevent any potential rekindle of fire from the hot burnt surfaces.

#ANationofLifesavers

Video Loading…

FIRE AT TAMPINES CAUSED BY PERSONAL MOBILITY SCOOTER

FIRE AT TAMPINES CAUSED BY PERSONAL MOBILITY SCOOTERStory: https://www.singaporeuncensored.com/fire-at-tampines-caused-by-personal-mobility-scooter/

Posted by Singapore Uncensored – Bringing you uncensored coverage on Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Video Source: Cher Hello

Share.

Comments are closed.